The Lamp of Fertility is a device to assist animal farming. It causes animals within range to spontaneously go into "love mode", generally two at a time, with no food required.
- To operate, the lamp requires Victus essentia to be piped into it. The amount consumed depends on the number of animals it affects (whether or not they successfully breed).
- The effect passes through solid blocks.
- It can work on any breedable animal, including mixed groups.
- however, if more than 8 adult animals of a type are within range, it will not affect that type until some are removed.
- To successfully breed, the animals must meet the other usual requirements for breeding, such as being able to reach each other, and being on solid footing.